24 Dec Holiday Stocking Stuffers
Posted at 00:00h in Preventative Dentistry
As you’re looking for stocking stuffers this holiday season, the last things you might think to shop for are dental supplies. Although offbeat, many dental home care products make practical, fun Christmas gifts. Here are some ideas:
- Christmas is a good time to tuck a new toothbrush in everyone’s stocking. We suggest you purchase a soft-tipped brush with curved bristles. Soft bristles won’t scratch tooth surfaces or damage gum tissue. A worn-out brush with frayed bristles just won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth. It’s wise to replace toothbrushes every three to four months.
- Travel-size tubes of toothpastes make handy stocking stuffers for the frequent traveler in your family. Be sure you buy one of the five fluoride pastes accepted by the American Dental Association.
- Small containers of dental floss fit nicely in Christmas stockings, too.
- Oral irrigation devices like the WaterPik make great gifts—especially for people in orthodontic braces. These devices are designed to be used after brushing and flossing. You’ll be surprised at the amount of food the fine water stream dislodges.
- As the holiday season draws near, you may find creative solutions to your shopping problems as close as your favorite pharmacy.
The holiday season—more than at any other time of the year—provides us the opportunity to tell you that we appreciate your patronage and friendship all during the year.